This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who are required to plan, organise, direct, control and manage the safe free flow of traffic through roadwork’s in rural and urban situations. This is in accordance with Chapter 8 Road Traffic Signs Manual, Department of the Environment. (Required from July 2009 under Construction Regulations).
All trainees must be over 18 years of age, be a holder of a valid Safe Pass Card and must provide a recent passport photo and PPS No.
Max 4 per trainer
8 applicants 2 trainers
– Introduction to Traffic Management
– Roadworks Classifications
– Traffic Management Devices
– Traffic Management Layouts
– Safe Systems of Installation
– Multiple Choice Exam
– Classroom Practical
– Site Practical
– Traffic Management Applications
– Motorways/ Dual Carriageways
– Site Practical Exam (Taken in two groups of four ½ day each)
– Classroom Practical Exam (Taken in two groups of four ½ day each)
On successful completion a CSCS card and SOLAS certificate will be issued. Cards are valid for a period of five years and certificate is valid for life.